Tuesday 16 October 2007

The Editor Speaks

Without further ado, The Greenwich Gazette is back as promised. But first I have a few things I would like to share with you (maybe even confess). I started this blog upon a whim, a fancy to do something new; a time filler. But by some strange twist it took over my life. I have for the past month tried to live (although unwillingly) without blogging and it has proved futile. Once a blogger, always a blogger. I have accepted my fate.


In the past month I have read post upon post of other people's work, from all around the world. Some great, others ghastly, and as expected they varied in content, views, backgrounds, countries, and even levels of skill. But the ones that stood out shared one thing in common; they were there every single day. Rain or shine they would show up and make it work. That's what sets them apart and that is what defines who they are.

They say that one learns most by observation (isn't that afterall how are children grow) and in doing so over the past month I have come to realize that it is not the topic that defines your blog but the style, manner and respect you give your topic that makes or breaks your blog. Only you can make your blog worth your time, no one else can do that for you.


So, we'll be here tomorrow and every day thereafter offering our best and possibly our worst. You'll know where to find us time and time again. Welcome back to The Greenwich Gazette!


No comments: