Today Whimsy ChiChi took a visit down to The Chapel of Greenwich Hospital which is now part of the premises of the University of Greenwich and Trinity College of Music.
The Greenwich hospital was founded in 1694 as the Royal Naval Hospital for Seamen. Although it's been there for over 170 years, it only opened to the public in 1998. It has long ceased to be a hospital.
The Queen Mary Court (which houses the Chapel) was planned by Wren and Hawksmoor, but not built until after Wren's death, by Thomas Ripley. Its present appearance dates from 1779, having been rebuilt to a design by James Stuart after a devastating fire.
The chapel is decorated in a light rococo style. It's a beautiful room most famous for its organ and acoustics. It remains open to the public, where a service is held every Sunday at 11am open to all.