Here are the events lined up for this Sunday in Greenwich:
1. Greenwich & Docklands International Festival: Miss Carib: An outdoor opera performance by Nitro, Britain's leading Black theatre company, marking the 200th anniversary of the abolition of the transatlantic slave trade. Event is free and takes place at 9:30-10:15. Call; 020 8269
4799, Royal Naval College, Greenwich, SE10
2. Jazz in the Park: Jazz for a midsummer day at the Observatory Gardens. Chicago style jazz with Phoenix Dixieland Jazz Band and guest trad revival trumpeter Mike Daniels. An event for all the family, sponsored by the Friends of Greenwich Park. (13:00 -15:30pm). Call 020 8853 2150 to book or buy on the day from midday.
3. Freewheeling in the Docklands - bike tour: starts/finishes at National Maritime Museum. 13:00-17:00pm. Call 020 8312 8560
4. Festival Evensong: Evensong by the choir of St Alfege Church. Greenwich Church St, 18:30. Free event.
5. Opening of the O2 Arena: music, dance, aerial performances, processions and circus. Free event for all from 1-6pm. Greenwich Peninsula, SE10.
6. Art exhibition: by artists from Greenwich Open Studios and others. St Alfege Church. (11am - 4pm)